Following the most recent Government announcement we are happy to share that Kings Croft Hotel will open from Sunday 19th July 2020.
Health and safety is of the upmost importance and we have put measures in place so you can stay with confidence. As the Coronavirus outbreak comes under control, certain measures may be reduced, below is our Covid-19 Policy:
To facilitate social distancing please be aware, we have reduced availability for the foreseeable future. The following experiences will be open to residents and non-residents and pre-booking is essential.
Enquire or Book online
Breakfast (residents only)
Lunch and Dinner
To book email Bookings@kingscrofthotel.com
Last updated Friday 3rd July June 2020 and subject to change based on Government guidelines.
The following measures apply throughout Kings Croft Hotel
- All team members will undergo a Health and Safety Covid-19 Secure training program prior to returning to work, to educate them in strict hygiene protocols whilst remaining able to deliver our usual high standards of service.
- 1m+ social distancing to be observed wherever possible.
- Enhanced cleaning programme throughout all ‘front & back of house’ areas, including all touch points such as door handles and handrails.
- Hand sanitising stations will be available for customers and the team.
- PPE (face coverings, disposal gloves, aprons, wipes) available for all staff. Face coverings will be worn by staff at their discretion
- Daily temperature checks on arrival. Any member of the team or overnight guests with a temperature of 37.8C or greater will be asked to wait in their car or a private room for 30 minutes before having a second temperature check. If their temperature is still 37.8C they will need to call the NHS 111 Coronavirus and follow advice.
- Teams will have staggered arrival and departure times and wherever possible, members of the team will be able to work from home
- We will encourage increasing the frequency of hand washing or hand sanitising and surface cleaning (including disinfection of high footfall areas or common touchpoints and toilet/restrooms).
- The time of any activity where social distancing cannot be maintained will be kept as short as possible.
- Back-to-back or side-to-side working will be introduced (rather than face-to-face) and the use of barriers to separate people from each other whenever possible.
- ‘Fixed teams or partnering’ to be used where possible (so each person works with only a few others)
- Staff Canteen will be adapted to minimise groups of people and allocated times will be set
- Internal meetings to be carried out remotely where possible, and social distancing observed if meetings take place in person and training will be carried out remotely where possible.
- A one-way system will be implemented back of house to prevent staff crossing, where possible.
- A Covid-19 Champion has been appointed to ensure all procedures are being observed i.e. line manager on duty
- 1m+ social distancing to be observed wherever possible.
HEALTH AND HYGIENE
- Contactless temperature checks on arrival. Anyone with a temperature of 37.8C or greater will be asked to wait in their car for 30 minutes before having a second temperature check. If their temperature is still 37.8C or greater they will need to call the NHS 111 Coronavirus and follow advice.
- Rooms will be subject to windows opened to assist with ventilation, wherever possible
- Hand sanitising stations will be available for guests to help themselves.
- Enhanced cleaning schedule, including all touch points such as door handles, handrails etc.
- Gloves, wipes and masks will be available for all guests on request.
- To minimise physical contact the use of cash is discouraged. Payments should ideally be made by card/contactless with pre-payment prior to arrival, wherever possible.
- Furniture will be rearranged to observe social distancing.
- All printed material and cushions will be removed to reduce touch points
- All windows will be opened frequently to increase ventilation
- Rather than use the public ladies and gents, hotel residents will be asked to use the facilities in their room where possible.
- Check-in time
Hotel residents can check-in from 4pm for the moment, this is to allow more time for thorough cleaning.
- 1030am Check-out
We politely request guests follow the check-out time, as our Housekeeping team will need access from 1030am so they can clean the room to our Covid-19 Policy hygiene standards.
- Where possible, we will leave rooms unoccupied between guest stays so the room can ‘rest’.
- All rooms and suites will be cleaned to our highest possible standards which includes; door handles, light switches, remote, draws, taps, bathroom amenities, iron, kettle, tea and coffee facilities.
- All bathroom toiletries are for individual use and will be changed and disinfected between stays.
- All laundry is washed off site by an external company who work to their own exceptional standards.
- Servicing of the rooms will only be available for guests staying two or more nights and is on a request basis only. If Housekeeping do need to enter the room, they will wear a face covering and disposable gloves.
- All printed material, pens, menus, cushions and bed throws will be removed to reduce touch points.
- Room service will be available by contacting reception however delays may be unavoidable
- All glassware and crockery will be changed between guests.
- Wherever possible dining experiences must be pre-booked. To ensure we can effectively manage social distancing for all our guests, we politely request prompt arrival.
- Where possible the same table will be allocated to guests for their entire stay.
- The breakfast buffet will be replaced with a ‘continental Grab bag’. These must be pre-ordered and will be available for collection from the breakfast staff. Cooked breakfasts will be ordered as normal.
- Staff will not remove guests’ coats and belongings.
- All service will be table service, and guests must not approach the bar.
- The number of guests allowed at a table will be based on Government guidelines.
- Disposable paper napkins will be used. Straws and stirrers will be removed.
- All condiments will be single serve
- Windows will be opened to increase ventilation in the restaurants.
- The person making the reservation will need to keep the contact details of those dining for 21 days after dining. Based on Government guidelines, this is mandatory under the test-and-trace system.
If you would like a copy of our risk assessments, please email Bookings@kingscrofthotel.com